Sunday, June 27, 2010

crawdad boil

Megan's blog just reminded me that I haven't posted pictures of the crawdad boil yet. Oops! To those of my friends not from the south, this is a giant party/feast/cookout where people eat lots of crawdads and kids swim in the lake.
When I first moved here and saw the signs for crawdad boils, I was like "what? people EAT those things?"
my brother brian and I used to catch crawdads from the bottom of the lake using a milk carton with a hotdog inside. we just liked to poke at them...if you would have told us that people actually eat these things, we would have laughed at you. and then thrown up a little.

but the real reason I hate these things is that all the frat boys at vandy had crawdad boils--except they always got too drunk to boil them all, so in the morning we would find these horrifying little vermin dragging themselves across the sidewalk. it was a little traumatic for me.


EAT ME. MMMM YUMMY.



the remains of joel's plate.



ACTION SHOTS!




sophia didn't know what to think about them!


...and joel kept wearing his friend's hat.

2 comments:

Followers