
My sweet Summer,
You are my "little love"! You were born first and cleared the way for your sister to get out so easily. When you were born the nurses warned me that you had bad facial bruises because of the forceps, but when I saw you I was surprised how beautiful you were. You were perfect, even with those little jaundice sunglasses on. You weren't even a week old when one of your doctors told us that you were much more feisty than your sister (apparently you kept screaming when you had a barely wet diaper). I didn't believe she could tell that early, but its true. You are feisty!
I don't want to ever forget the moment that the NICU nurse wheeled you into our "rooming in" room at the hospital and said "Well, good luck. Have a good night!" and walked out. Daddy was at school, so it was just you and me and a silent room. You were finally free from the NICU and it was the most surreal feeling to know that you were mine at last.
Those first few nights were rough. You hated being in the dark and just wanted to be held and snuggled.
You pucker your lips and arch your neck when you first wake up, and it looks like you are posing for toddlers & tiaras. It makes me laugh.
We call you our little "grumbles" because you are very noisy and grumbly. We've only had you for three months, but already you have taught us so much about being patient. Some nights you just cry and cry and cry...and then sleep forever. You don't always have a reason for your crying, but I think you just like to hear your own voice.
Your daddy thinks that you are going to be very smart when you grow up (because you are).
You were the first to smile at me and melt my heart, and you have a very playful personality. Sometimes I put you in your bouncy chair and you play happily with the plastic links that hang down.
I love everything about you!
(emsley, your post is next...don't feel left out)

So, so sweet. Love the baby and the picture.
ReplyDeleteThis is one of the sweetest things I have ever read. Summer stole my heart first too (when I was visiting in July), until Emsley came home from the hospital. Now my heart is filled with love for both these beautiful little girls.
ReplyDeleteP.S. I, too, had a surreal moment in the hospital when YOU were first brought in to me...all was quite and it was just you and me. A mother's love for her child is like no other.
LOVE it!!! Isn't parenthood the most amazing thing- you never think you can feel something so strongly for for another person, especially a little person. It's hard describe. I love how you put this... she will cherish this forever when she is older.
ReplyDeleteIsn't it crazy how quickly you fall in love? Such sweet posts. I want to meet these little girls!! I love their little hats! Did you see the little twin onsies I tagged you in on Pinterest? One said Copy and the other said Paste haha!
ReplyDeleteI am lovin' this post! Keep updating about them!
ReplyDeleteI had tears reading these posts!
ReplyDelete