Friday, June 1, 2012

happy birthdays

our little babies are one year old today and tomorrow!!

summer kate:

nicknames: summy or bubby (both given by her cousin allison)
favorite foods: squash, applesauce, cheerios, and veggie "puffs"  
hates: to have her face wiped off with a wet rag after eating and when emsley steals her toys
loves: being held by anyone and when you fake laugh at her
favorite toys: anything soft and cuddly, especially if it makes noise
walking or crawling? she just started to pull up in her crib and today she was standing up with only one hand on the wall in the playroom--so I think it will be soon!

summer is the sweetest little baby. the first word that always comes to my mind with her is SWEET. she is snuggly and cuddly and very perceptive of others' emotions. she likes to play by herself with toys and I think she is pretty independent for a little baby. when she cries, she usually has huge wet alligator tears that melt your heart. she loves to laugh, but only if you laugh first. its a little game she plays. I really want to get her a tickle-me-elmo because she always laughs when I do the fake "elmo laugh"!

 emsley claire:

nicknames: emmy, emmy-boo, end-of-the-world emsley 
favorite foods: squash, bananas, and fudgesicles
hates: the doorstop and the "boing!" noise, and she hates it when you shut a door that was open to outside because she always wants to be outside
loves: having her face wiped off with a wet rag after eating (totally opposite summer LOL) and going outside
favorite toys: anything that moves, rolls, or can be knocked over ;)
crawling or walking? stands up everywhere, even the bathtub, but no first steps yet!

emsley is so precious and playful! she is very adventurous, always on the move and looking for trouble. nothing is off-limits to her. she goes with the flow and loves to SCREAM just for the sake of hearing her own voice. she has the most darling curls that are starting to get more and more curly, and I just can't get enough of her big blue eyes with those curls :)
 

both girls take two naps a day and drink 3 bottles a day. they love to drink watered down juice from their sippy cups so I'm working on getting rid of bottles altogether! I will praise the day that I don't have to wash all those dr. brown bottle parts!!
tomorrow we're having a small family birthday party because everyone is in town from texas and oklahoma! I hope the girls like their cakes!

2 comments:

  1. Awww! Time flies! Happy Birthday sweet girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy belated birthday girls! i totally forgot they were born on cgs bday and day after. so crazy they are one now. wow.

    ReplyDelete

Followers