While we were in Oregon, Joel and I left the kiddos with my parents and drove to Portland for a fun little mini vacation within our vacation! Unfortunately I didn't take any good pictures of us because we were too busy shopping the Nordstrom and IKEA sales (such great timing on our part!!).
We stayed at Hotel Modera. It was modern and hip and oh so Portland-ish!
On our way home we stopped at Voodoo Donuts. Yes, that is a maple bar with bacon on it. I thought it was going to be amazing because I really love bacon, but instead I found myself being grossed out by the giant meat slices on my perfect maple bar delight. So instead my favorite was the fruit loops one.
We also stopped by the Portland LDS temple which was even more beautiful than I had expected, but unfortunately it was closed for maintenance so we just had to look from outside the gate!
Thank you again mom and dad for watching the girls while we were gone!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Friends & Family
- (No) Sex in the City
- Bradham Buzz
- Chad & Bonny
- Chris--Julie--Landon
- Eyecandy Photography
- Geoff + Katie
- Hairr Family
- Jeremy and Shauna
- Jill
- Kristen & Matt
- Me & My Boys
- Mecham Happenings
- Meg & Wes
- Megan
- NieNie Dialogues
- Peeks of Dr. T-Bone, Keeks, & Sweet Cheeks
- Scangie
- Shannon Hairr Photography
- Tennessee Taylors
- The Blackburns
- The Rockin' Romero's
- The Sullengers
- Tiff & Shane


Fun! Those donuts are hilarious! Getaways are so nice. You come home kind of ready to be a parent again. HaHa!
ReplyDeleteBeing able to watch my sweet,little granddaughters was the highlight of your visit here (well ... seeing you and Joel was pretty nice too!). I'm glad you had a great time in Portland. The temple is so beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThis looks fun! Yay for Voodoo donuts!
ReplyDelete