Monday, March 28, 2011

my best friend's wedding

finally, something to blog about! ;)
I spent last week in salt lake city and st. george, utah. I was a little nervous about flying all by myself, but everything went perfectly and it was a christmas miracle that I didn't even get swollen feet. those little girls are being so good to me!
here is a photo show-and-tell--I wish I had taken more pictures, but alas I was having too much fun.

getting pedicures before the big day:


BAHAHAHAHAHA.
this picture really sums up our entire salon experience:


the gorgeous st. george temple:


congratulations ryan & jill hill :D


the pregnant ladies at the wedding. we may have spent a little more time than normal at the candy table. but that's just what happens when you're 6 months pregnant and your husband isn't at the wedding to dance with you. we missed you luke and joel!


jill & ryan are in love. and clearly I wasn't chosen to be the photographer of the wedding for a reason. hahaha.


this is the beautiful bell tower where the reception was held.
also, this is D.J. Frank. he is all about good times and corny one-liners. he is also all about packing up his stuff in GIANT rubbermaids literally seconds after the bride and groom leave the venue. we think he had a hot date later that night. hopefully it didn't involve that green vest.


the farewell:


the day after the wedding was...interesting. My ride back to SLC was with the groom's family. somehow I ended up in the back of a surburban nearly going into labor as we off-roaded in the middle of the desert trying to find dinosaur tracks.

then I hiked up and down a giant hill in my tight jeans and ballet flats. then we went to a dinosaur museum.
it was the longest day of my life. enough said.

3 comments:

  1. Dinosaur tracks??? Oh my! Heath would have loved it!

    I love your friend's wedding dress!! And I LOVE the lady with the glasses at the salon! Classy.

    So glad you had a great time, despite your drive back up to SLC.

    Welcome Home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahahahahahahaha! Off-roading! Dinosaur tracks! I might have just laughed hard enough to almost pee my pants.

    P.S. I thought my chin thing was working, but after looking at that picture of us, I think I am getting ripped off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes the dinosaur tracks-- you poor girl. You should had called me and I could have taken you away for a little bit till they were ready to get back on the road. :) Glad the wedding went over well. Looks like the weather cooperated. Love the description of the pregnant ladies at the candy table! :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers