Saturday, June 25, 2011

50% complete

Summer is home!

We like to call her "grumbles" because she is very noisy. She grumbles, grunts, whines, and makes all other imaginable noises.
Our first night home with a baby was pretty much a disaster--I guess being in the NICU for 3 weeks with non-stop beeps and bright lights and then being put in a crib in our silent dark bedroom wasn't her idea of a good time. Oh well, nothing a bouncy seat and a swing didn't fix. ;)





Despite getting very little sleep the past few days (feeding Summer every 3 hours and pumping every 2 hours is not so awesome) I really don't feel that tired. I just feel very very happy that I have two beautiful, healthy babies. Well, Emsley is not exactly 100% healthy yet, but she is certainly on her way!
She is scheduled to have surgery on her kidney this week, and then she gets to come home as soon as she finishes 14 days of antibiotics (today is day 5). So its looking like she'll be home around July 4th. The wait is KILLING MEEEEE. But also making me a very patient person.

Reunited and it feels so good!
Summer gets to come visit her sister at Vanderbilt's NICU


Emsley likes to stare at her sister.
Summer likes to make constipated faces.

6 comments:

  1. That sweet, little Grumbles is just swallowed by her car seat!! Heavenly Father sure is watching over you with all you have going on. I pray Emsley keeps up the good progress and makes it home sooner than later. Thank you for the post of your beautiful girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm so glad you updated! I'm happy that the girls get to visit each other. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love it!! I was going to ask if you were able to get the girls together and if that helps Emsley's progress at all. I didn't know she was going to have to have surgery. I will be praying for you all. They are seriously so cute, Sarah!!! My girls saw pictures the other day and they were freaking out and asked, "Can she still babysit us when we go to Tennessee?" :) Those silly girls- you are going to be an amazing mother and my girls can vouch for that!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post! I am so happy that Summer is home and Emsley will be home soon! I think Eleanor is jealous that she doesn't have someone her size to snuggle with. Your girls are very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwwww.....I soooo want to meet them! They are PRE-EC-CIOUS!! (In my baby talk voice). I'm sooo glad you aren't tired. I wasn't tired when I had Hallie, I was just too excited and totally and absolutely IN L-O-V-E!! It was a total high! Glad they are doing well!! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete

Followers