Sunday, September 15, 2013

easy spice rack + frame re-do

If you are on Pinterest you've probably seen the "spice rack turned book shelf" rage. I wish I could take credit for being the smarty who thought to do this with a spice rack! Seriously the greatest thing ever to happen to a $3.99 purchase at IKEA!

 Before:
After:

I spray painted it yellow. Done and done.

Here in Utah there is no Goodwill store, instead its called Deseret Industries or ("DI" if you are super cool). We love going to DI and browsing. It is quite the experience.
There are some hardcore DI'ers that I've seen waiting in the store for the "new" (donated) stuff to come out on the carts. They literally run to the carts and immediately start grabbing stuff that looks good. One couple snagged a cool dumptruck that I wanted for JJ because it was "worth something"--then proceeded to grab everything that was metal and/or wood. They obviously did this for a living, buying and then reselling for higher. Whatever, that dump truck wasn't cool anyways.

Anyways. Here is my $1 frame that I found with a very unique "homemade pulpy paper molded into the SLC temple and topped with glitter" thing (seriously, not even sure what to call it). The moment I saw it I knew it would be perfect in the girls' room above their dresser.

Before:

After:
Gray spraypaint on the frame and then scrapbook paper on the mats. Easy.


2 comments:

  1. So stinkin cute, Sara! I'm always impressed with your ability to revamp things. Also, one time we were at DI and a lady RAN right in front of us on the knickknack aisle to grab a giant Tom Sawyer(?) statue. It was seriously like 3 feet tall. She needed it so bad. We later saw her fighting with a guy over a pile of table legs. Just the legs.

    ReplyDelete

Followers